[ACCEPTED]-IDEA Community Edition versus Eclipse-intellij-idea
IDEA is a far better IDE than Eclipse (general 16 opinion by people that use IDEA).
On a feature 15 point of view, everything that IDEA CE can 14 also been done by Eclipse. However, IDEA 13 is a commercial product, which limits its 12 adoption. Thanks to the Community Edition, you 11 can test this IDE for free, in order to 10 develop JavaSE applications (or Scala or 9 Groovy). For an enterprise, this is quite 8 limited, as you will not be able to develop 7 J2EE applications.
My conclusion is that 6 IDEA CE is only a tool that allows you to 5 test and understand the philosophy of this 4 IDE. If you are convinced by IDEA, then 3 you will really have to choose between the 2 Ultimate Edition, which will let develop 1 any kind of applications, or stay with Eclipse.
The best, straight answer to this, is to 5 look at the feature matrix of which features are still 4 left in Ultimate-Edition. Eclipse probably 3 has support for all of these things, although 2 the quality of the integrations can always 1 be an issue.
- detects unused public fields and methods
- easy way to run or debug only one test method (you don't need to modify configuration)
- faster code coverage report generation (at least for EMMA)
- understand difference between source and test source
- easier way to manage libs - just include lib dir (in eclipse you have to specify all jars explicitly), so you don't have to update it manually every time when new jar was included
More Related questions